The Kansas Society of CPAs has announced the 14 graduates of its 2021-2022 Lead to the Future, Leadership-Elite Network Class.
Now in its 11th year, the Lead to the Future program prepares up-and-coming CPAs for leadership roles through future-focused strategies that affect the organizations, communities and CPA profession they serve. This year’s class has served with organizations including the KSCPA board of directors, KSCPA Educational Foundation board of trustees, AICPA committees and the AICPA board of directors.
Participants received coaching tips from Sarah Elliott, co-founder of Intend2Lead, a leadership development firm that focuses on accounting professionals.
“This new class of L2F participants immediately demonstrated their commitment to what true leadership requires — looking within, being vulnerable and open to change, and connecting authentically with one another,” said Elliott in a statement. “They are already envisioning new futures for themselves, their organizations, and the profession, and I can’t wait to see what they create together. Working with this incredible group of leaders gets me excited about what’s possible for the accounting profession in Kansas and beyond!”
This year’s program graduates, in alphabetical order, are as follows:
- Jami Benyshek, senior manager, Adams Brown Strategic Allies and CPAs;
- Cassandra Carolan, manager, BT&Co., P.A.;
- Joe DeBauche, manager, Swindoll, Janzen, Hawk & Loyd LLC;
- Keaton Dugan, senior associate, K. Coe Isom LLP;
- Beauty Henecke, senior tax associate, Goering & Granatino PA;
- Candice Johnson, manager, Swindoll, Janzen, Hawk & Loyd LLC;
- Christine Kirchner, senior associate, K. Coe Isom LLP;
- Shawnell Linot, senior manager, BKD, CPAs & Advisors;
- Rachel Ogle, director of accounting and inventory, PTMW Inc.;
- Kelly Terhune, senior associate, K. Coe Isom LLP;
- Tara Mollhagen Shepard, associate attorney, Bever Dye LC;
- Ryan Scheck, senior manager, Adams Brown Strategic Allies and CPAs;
- Allison Whitfield, senior tax associate, Goering & Granatino, PA; and,
- Chloe Zimmerman, senior associate, K. Coe Isom LLP.
For more on this year’s class and the Lead to the Future program, head to the KSCPA’s site here.